The impending Apple tablet could come in so many variations that I’m bound to be disappointed. I want the tablet to have it ALL: Ereader, HD movie player, mp3 player, speakers, etc.
Specifically, as a bare minimum here’s what I want the upcoming Apple iSlate, iPad, iGOD product to do:
- Read PDF’s well. PDF’s have the best graphics and readability – now, just create something that works with it – do not make a new proprietary format.
- It should read all ebook formats and work with Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Sony, and anyone else that offers ebooks for sale online.
- Have a 10 inch touchscreen with a full-size haptic touch keypad that works as well as my Nokia 5800 Xpress Music phone. Handwriting recognition should work very well.
- Play HD 1080 and 720 flash, .mov, .avi, .wmv, .anything with built in speakers.
- Have a built in microphone so I can use it for VOIP on SKYPE and give it verbal commands it understands. I don’t like the stupid earphones w/mic contraption.
- Have a 3MP camera for video chats. A good stand that comes with it for free.
- It should serve as an extra monitor for my notebook by plugging it into a USB port anytime I want.
- Have BlueTooth, WIFI, EDGE, 3G, 4G.
- Enable me to replace the battery.
That’s about it. We’ll see what it actually has when it comes out – supposedly it will be announced in January and start shipping about March 2010.
If the new Apple tablet has the above functionality – would you buy it? What else would you want to have it do?
(photo credit: flickr.com user – ndeviltv)
New Amazon Kindle Fire Color Multitouch Tablet – eReader:
New Amazon Kindle Touch eReader:
New Amazon Kindle eReader: